Sunday, June 04, 2006

Crocs

Last week Dena and I went out in Tel Aviv. We actually took the train. I wanted to avoid the traffic, and I thought it would make for a good adventure. Dena had never ridden the train before. We left when the babysitter arrived and didn't have time to check the schedule. I was pretty convinced we would not have to wait long. After all it was rush hour. We arrived at the station, and since everyone was on their way home already, it was *very* easy to find a parking spot. Bought round trip tickets, through the turnstile, and started rushing to the platform. Dena says, "Why are we rushing? We don't know when the train is coming? What is an unwritten rule, you must rush to the platform?" Believe it or not, we walked up the steps and 10 seconds later the train arrived. Wow! We couldn't have planned it better.

After dinner, we visited Ami and Hagit. "What'd you do?" "We were going to go shoe shopping for Crocs, but in the end we ran out of time, and just had dinner". "You want Crocs? I've got a pair I'm never going to wear. They're in my closet, and they're all yours." Wow. How could I pass up a free pair of Crocs. They are so comfortable. I haven't taken them off since.

Last shabbas, we went to the Trifman's for dinner. I wore my Crocs. As we were about to walk in Dena and Dani noticed. They were agahst. You can't wear them on Friday night! You can't wear them to Yoyo's. But you know what? I did. And Yoyo's sister Lulu was wearing Crocs too.

Wednesday I biked to the bank in Crocs. The strap got caught on my pedal and broke. Oh no. I was about to get seriously depressed, but, luckily, I was able to click it back on. Phew.

Thursday morning I went to Shul. President Sam was davening. He was wearing, you guessed it, Crocs. I wasn't. Thursday night, I went to Tikun Layl Shavuot. I wore my crocs. Shabbas lunch we are on the way to the Mirchins. I'm wearing my Crocs. Dani takes one look at me and and refuses to go until I change my shoes. I don't get it? Why can't I wear my Crocs?