Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Another day in Israel, another schnitzel

I am back front The Ride (more about that in the next post), and ready for lunch. Dena says that Margalit is coming home so we'd better have a meat meal -- she's the family carnivore. I don't disagree, having gotten accustomed to 3 good meals a day on The Ride. I volunteer to go to Oaforia (Oaf means chicken in hebrew) on my way back from dropping Ronit at Arielle and Aaron's house. Dani arrives home, but Margalit just rings from below to say that she is going to Maytal's house. Excellent. A nice suprise. I guess I overdid it on the schnitzel.

Dinner time. Margalit and Ronit are back. Casual conversation. "So what did you have for lunch at Maytal's?"

Margalit: "Schnitzel"

"And Ronit how was Arielle and Aaron's?"

Ronit: "We had schnitzel too. We always have schnitzel there"

I'm beginning to think that it wouldn't be Israel if we didn't all have schnitzel for lunch everyday.