Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ronit's Drawings



While Dani, Margalit and Miriam get a continual diet of Torah Judiasm, and I suspect a little bit of right wing politics, Ronit seems to be getting a pluralistic message at her school. Last week Dani, Margalit and Miriam collected Tzedakah for kids who were displaced from Gaza, and they've all written letters to the kids too. On the surface it all seems fine, I just wonder what else is happening that I may not hear about.

I can only surmise that the politics at Ronit's Gan are a little different. Today she came back with several pictures that she drew there (see above and below). A picture speaks a thousand words. I asked her if everybody drew flags, or if the teachers told her how to draw the flags, and she said, "no." One can only guess where it came from. Maybe she's been reading the newspaper or watching the news while I wasn't paying attention.