Monday, April 10, 2006

Trip to the North (Miriam Interview)

We took a trip up north with Yael, Philippe, Aaron and Tal. We stayed at our home away from home away from home -- Kibbutz Ginosaur.


Interview with Miriam

Abba: Hi Miriam. What did you do today?
Miriam: Go on a hike, have breakfast, wake up early, see cows. That’s it. Have lunch, go on a ladder into the water. That’s it. Okay, so, are you writing that?
Abba: Yep.
Miriam: What else? It was scary going down the ladder.
Abba: How’d you do it?
Miriam: I was first and he [Jason –ed] was holding me, around me.
Abba: Do you remember the name of the river?
Miriam: Yehudiah.
Abba: And what does that mean?
Miriam: Avadim? Slaves [Evidently some confusion with the upcoming holiday].
Abba: Yehudim, not avadim.. What’s Yehudim?
Miriam: What we are. Jews.
Abba: So what was the hike like?
Miriam:What do you mean?
Abba: Well, was it easy and flat, or hilly, or rocky, or snowy?
Miriam: Rocky and watery. Some places deep and some places not. And some places slippery on the rock.
Abba: Did you go in the water?
Miriam: Sometimes.
Abba: How come?
Miriam: Because you had to. Some places you didn’t have to, but I just wanted to.
Abba: I bet the water was warm.
Miriam: No it was cold. But I could still go in it.
Abba: Tell me about the ladder.
Miriam: It was high [just 30 feet], and before we went down it, I was crying because I was so scared. Before we went on the ladder Abba found [empty] bakbokim [bottles], and brought them with us for floaties, so we had them to use as floaties. Then we got to another metal steps in the rock, which were even scarier. Abba went first and then when we got to the bottom, I was holding on so I would not fall in. And Philippe threw the bottles to us, so we could get them.

Cows
[The following section was typed by Miriam with the help of the Mircosoft Word spell checker, and a few hints from Abba and Mama. –ed]
to nit I went to dinner in tibrius [Tiberias]. And then we went to the cows and saw the cows getting milked. And then we looked at the calves then I decided to go to see the cows getting milked again. And then Abba came. And the whole family came then the cows pooped on us. And then some of us went to the kibbutz. I stayed.

Abba: Now Miriam, you need to go to bed. Your brother and sisters are already asleep. It is almost 11:00. Good night.

Miriam: you forgot to say good night Miriam.
Abba: Good night Miriam